Click here for instructions preceding sedation
At this 30-minute appointment, we will go over everything needed to prepare you for surgical procedure. Our experience has taught us that taking care of these things in advance makes for a smoother, more relaxed surgical experience. Depending upon the course of treatment recommended this appointment may be combined with the new patient consultation.
- Prescriptions for all medications (such as antibiotics and pain medication)
- Special instructions for our patients who elect one of our sedation options
- Post-operatory care guidelines (such as what to eat, what to expect, what’s normal, etc.)
- Signing all necessary forms, and taking care of any payments (we accept payments via personal check, MasterCard, Visa and Care Credit)
- Scheduling your surgery and setting up follow-up appointments (bring your calendar)
Day of Surgery
Instructions may vary slightly depending upon your treatment, but in general, all of our patients can prepare by:
- Having all prescribed/recommended medications filled ahead of time
- Taking any medications we have specially prescribed for your surgery, one hour prior to your appointment, as instructed
- Continue any other prescribed medications that you normally take, at the regularly appointed times, unless otherwise agreed upon with our doctors
- Having cool drinks and soft, cool foods waiting for you at home
- Arriving about 10 minutes prior to your scheduled surgery time
- Dressing in comfortable, warm, loose-fitting clothing (our surgery room is kept cool)
If you are taking an oral sedative
- Eat breakfast or lunch before coming in for your surgery (if not having IV sedation)
- Make sure you have a driver to bring you to and from your appointment (all drivers come to the office to pick you up; absolutely no Uber or Taxi)
- If possible, it may be nice to have someone who can stay with you for a few hours following surgery, but it is not mandatory
All of our patients go home with a post-op care bag, including a gel ice pack. Many of our patients like to stop by one of the local frozen juice places on the way home (just remember, no straws!).
Because we perform surgeries in our office daily, please be aware that it is very difficult for us to accommodate patients who arrive late for their appointment.
Important: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all visits.