Meet Dr. Sims (Retired)
Prior to his retirement in June 2020, Dr. Sims maintained full time private practices limited to periodontics and dental implants in Torrance and Santa Monica, CA. He has been a tremendous asset to the dental community in Southern California for more than 45 years, and had an immeasurable impact on his patients, staff and colleagues.
You can read his retirement letter here: Tom Sims, DDS, retirement letter.
Dr. Sims has an extensive background in education and has held the following positions:
- Actively serves on the Faculty of the UCLA School of Dentistry.
- Consultant, Board of Medical Quality Assurance, Dept. of Consumer Affairs, State of California.
- Scientific Expert in Periodontics, Council of Scientific Affairs and Research, California Dental Association.
- Director, Residency Program in Periodontics, V.A. Medical Center, West Los Angeles.
- Editor of the Journal of the Western Society of Periodontology.
- Past President of the Western Society of Periodontology.
- Board of Directors, California Society of Periodontists and Western Society of Periodontists.
Dr. Sims received his doctorate at the UCLA School of Dentistry and completed his internship and residency at the V.A. Medical Center, West Los Angeles and the USC School of Dentistry.