Meet Dr. Sims
Dr. Sims maintains full time private practices limited to periodontics and dental implants in Torrance and Santa Monica, CA. He is a Fellow of the American College of Dentists. His experience includes more than three decades in the treatment and cure of periodontal diseases.
Dr. Sims has an extensive background in education and has held the following positions:
- Actively serves on the Faculty of the UCLA School of Dentistry.
- Consultant, Board of Medical Quality Assurance, Dept. of Consumer Affairs, State of California.
- Scientific Expert in Periodontics, Council of Scientific Affairs and Research, California Dental Association.
- Director, Residency Program in Periodontics, V.A. Medical Center, West Los Angeles.
- Editor of the Journal of the Western Society of Periodontology.
- Past President of the Western Society of Periodontology.
- Board of Directors, California Society of Periodontists and Western Society of Periodontists.
Dr. Sims received his doctorate at the UCLA School of Dentistry and completed his internship and residency at the V.A. Medical Center, West Los Angeles and the USC School of Dentistry.
Dr Sims also has limited hours at his Santa Monica Office